Saturday 22 March 2014

Colour Q Meets Cas(e) This Sketch
























I decided to crack into an old stamp set for the is one.  This was one of my fav sets and I was disappointed when it was discontinued but as I have never got rid of any of my stamps I still get it out and have a play every now and then.  I decided to use the sketch at Cas(e) this sketch and I am not sure why but rather than going for a frame like stamp to match the sketch I decided to use the flowers as a frame and the Colours at Colour Q this week were pefect for what I wanted.

For the main image I first stamped the image with Stayzon Ink and then flipped it and did the other way up leaving a gap between them for the sentiment.  I coloured the images using my blender pen and aqua pen.  I then stamped the sentiment between the two whilst praying to the craft gods that the sentiment was straight and centred lol.  I cut the image out using one of the label collection framelits and then piecered round the edge using the Festive Paper piercing set.  Finally I daubed around the edge using basic grey.

Stampin up products used for this card

Card - Island Indigo, Whisper White
Ink - Island Indigo, Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Basic Grey, Early espresso and Stayzon
Fancy Fan embossing folder
Stamps - Bordering on Romance, Sentiment from Apocarthy Art
Aqua pen and Blender Pen
Festive Paper Piercing set
Pearls

Thanks for looking
Jo

3 comments:

  1. Looks like the craft gods did answer your prayers lol - this is perfect, love the colouring of the flowers..so delicate. Thanks for plyaing along at Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is beautiful! Lovely take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colouring on your flowers, Jo, and I love the bold indigo card base! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete

Global Design Project #GDP238

I started off making one card for the challenge at ' Global design project'. I knew str...